Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 50 years I have lived my life around my colon. Doctors call it spastic colon. I don't agree, my colon is stronger than Arnold schwarzenegger and is extremely coordinated - and with a mind of it's own. To be succinct, if I felt ANY urge I would need to march to the bathroom, counting steps - but usually making it. It got so bad over the past few months, that a few seconds after feeling a small urge, and then starting toward the bathroom, my colon would exert extreme pressure at first and then contract so violently that I was knocked to the ground (throwing my coffee because I didn't have time to set it down). An honest description of the pain would be it felt like a crowbar was thrust into my abdomen - below my navel, and then being lifted by the crowbar. It's not a 1-10 pain. It's more like a compound fracture or something.

So after 50 years of getting the Bum's rush from doctors, "you have IBS", you won't die from it - bye.

I called a gastroenterologist and demanded that he remove my colon, and give me a bag, so that I might have at least a chance at a 'normal' life. He said that I won't find a physician in the USA that will take out my colon and recommended Peppermint oil.

Coincidently, on the same day, another doctor prescribed me Gabapentin for nerve pain. Very low dose - 100mG. The next mourning, instead of pain and 'water' I had discrete lumps. I'm sure at some time in my life I have had that - but I can't remember. It was like flipping a switch!

I didn't trust it at first, however, day after day I was like a normal human being! " I " decided when to use the bathroom. Now, if I feel the urge I can choose not to go, and the urge subsides! Nothing short of a Miracle.

The Gabapentin effect is completely reversible. I was prescribed only a few pills to start off with. When I ran out, within a day or two, I was right back to pain, urgency and 'water'. I refilled the prescription a month ago, it worked the miracle again and I told my Gastroenterologist that I didn't need him, bye. I also told him that being unable to control my autonomic nervous system, that I he could 'see' the on/off effect with his imaging equipment.

I'm writing this, in hopes that this med. may also help you dear reader.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Thanks for sharing and I hope it continues to work for you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts