Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new here! I have recently found this site and I find it very helpful. Hoping someone may have the signs/symptoms that I do.Recently, was diagnosed with gall stones...after enduring excruitating pain on the way to the ER. Seen my MD, who sent me to a general surgeon, surgeon concurred that I had my first gall-bladder attack...and set me up for a lap choley, which I will have performed on Oct 23rd.Now, for some questions....I know the classic s/s for gall-bladder...and also think I have the s/s for IBS as well...just praying all this pain I have been having is solely related to the gall-bladder...but, have a feeling it is not. Anyways, with IBS, does anyone have pain & cramping (both lower abd & lower back) prior to having a bowel movement. This occurs every morning; once I have the bowel movement (stools are usually softly formed, lumpy....very rare that I have diarrhea or am I constipated...eat a lot of fiber), the pain usually subsides in approx 45-60 mins. I was recently prescribed hyoscyamine...an antispasmotic...which doesn't really work...or maybe it does...either way..the pain usually goes away within 45-60 mins. Another problem that I noticed is that I have been getting burning thigh pain...the pain is located on the top portion of my thighs...it doesn't travel any further. Has anyone else experienced the burning thigh pain along with the stomach/lower back cramping prior to moving a bowel? Or do you all think it is related to a defunctional gall-bladder?Thanks so much!!! Also, I do not fit the typical gall bladder profile, that is why my MD didn't think I was having gall-bladder problems, until I had a CT scan & ultrasound. I have low cholesterol, keep in shape, small and weigh in proportion to height.Lizzie

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.