Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed quite a few people here have had their gall bladder removed. Is this connected to IBS?I'm asking because years ago I had gall-grit, which was removed with medication, and am just hoping IBS doesn't lead to gallstones? Cheers

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sheila...IBS does not lead to gallstones. Gallstones occur in the gallbladder they have nothing to do with the bowel. I had my gallbladder removed l4 years ago and about a week after it was removed the D started and it has not stopped. Some people have their gallbladders removed and are just fine and then there are those like myself that suffer with D. Was diagnosed last year. With IBS-D with complications from gallbladder removal, so far the doctors have not been able to help me. I'm happy that you had your gall grit removed with medication. Some stones can be broken down with medication depending upon what they are made up or how far the stone has progressed (how big it is) you got to yours early...you are one of the lucky ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.