Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Gallbladder removal

240 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  LindaB 
G
#1 ·
I have not posted before, but I thought I should add my gallbladder story . I started having dull pain in upper right side in December. I went to the doctor and they ordered and ultrasound which revealed my gallbladder was full of sludge and stone. I then put off going to the doctor, because I didnt want to hear that I would need surgery. After months of symptoms, I finally went. I had my gallbladder removed this past Thursday. I am hoping that some of my Ibs symptoms clear up now that its gone. I urge other Ibs'ers to get their gallbladders checked. Im going to have my husband pick up some caltrate plus (which I wouldnt know to take unless I had been reading this board) Who ever posted that thanks.

#2 ·
My gall bladder removal started the ibs diarrhea 23 years ago. Maybe it won't effect you that way. But if it does don't wait to get on the caltrate plus in the purple and white box. I sure wish I has known about the relief it can give many years ago. Good Luck. I am the person who brought the info to the board any you are very welcome. Linda

#4 ·
Christine2, I hope you have the same great results as I did by having my gallbladder out a little over 3 months ago. No probs now and can eat anything I want. My only remaining prob is that it took them so long to agree with me that it might be my gallbladder that the resulting C made my diverticulosis much worse. That I can deal with however! Kitty, there have several posts on gallbladder symptoms. Use the Search utility at the top of the board and you will find some good ones by Charlie and Heykate, among others. [This message has been edited by LindaB (edited 07-18-99).]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.