Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2003 I had my Gallbladder removed and right after that my IBS-d started;Many treatments over the years, nothing worked for more than 2 weeks, same story again and again as with most of you;Very strong symptoms, BM up to 17 times a day, Hours of pain, Housebound, also same story as with most;Until this thread:http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?s...c=97451&hl=I have been on the Welchol for a couple of months now, found the right dosage for me about a month ago and since then I am a new person;I can go out and see the sun!!!Of course you might be a little bloated and suffer from hemorrhoids if the dosage is constipating to you, but it is nothing compared to the side effects of other treatments I have tried;I personally take one pill in the morning, 2 at lunch and 1 at night; I have had 2 watery explosive evacuations in One month, the rest is all normal One to none BM daily!!!!And the HUGE PAIN has Gone!!!I am still terrified that it might stop working in a while but for now It is a MIRACLE to me and I want to help ANYONE I can with this experience!!!P.S: Just a side note because it is also a life savior, If you are a woman suffering from irregular periods please check out this thread:http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?s...c=99487&hl=THERE IS HOPE AFTER ALL!Please if any of these 2 treatments work for you, SPREAD THE WORD...I will wait for one more month and then will go to every doctor, forum,etc I know of to try and help as many people as possible!If this stopes working for me or in case of any change I will post it on this thread to not give false hope to anyone...Good Luck to ALL;

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am updating this thread because it is October 2010 and everything I wrote almost a year ago still applies.This has saved my life and I have tried spreading the word as much as I can;Even if you haven't had your Gallbladder removed, maybe it's worth a shot to ask your Doctor about this?..One year, around 10 liquid stools ONLY, I hope this helps someone out there, I have had to live the IBS-d Nightmare and would do anything to be able to help!!Good Luck everyone!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts