Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,Anyone knows what bacteria actualy absorbs gases ? Because I have abaut 20 flatulances per night sice 3,4 years and I understand I dont have enough the right bacteria inside my bowel. I understand I can find some pills containing it.thank you

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
No bacteria absorbs the gases, that I have ever heard of.Probiotic bacteria stop the digestion process for carb BEFORE it gets to the gas stage, so they don't release gas. I used to fart myself to sleep before I found a probiotic that worked for me (most of the good brands I have tried work, but the generic stuff never did).

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The first one I used was Probiotica (which got sold and isn't under that name) but you can find Lactobacillus reuteri products.I've also used.Digestive AdvantageGNC Potent AcidophilusAlignVitamin Shoppe Ultimate 10 Probiotics.JarrodophilusOther brands that have fans on the board areCulturelleVSL#3

·
Registered
15 Posts
each individual produces a varying amount of intestinal bacterial gas. More gas is produced by some individuals than others. This is due to the presence of a more heavily concentrated bacteria within the individual's intestines or even a better type of gas producing bacterial population. In other words, some types of bacteria are able to produce more gas than their competitors within the gut.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I realy dont get it.. So when the food gets to the large bowel , there the gas is produces right? So how we can avoid producing gases? Or in small bowel digestion is bad -carbohidrates didnt digest right and get to large bowel and by fermentation produce gases ? What will the probiotic bacteria do in large intestine with gases to be gone ? Also I double the gas emisions when eat milk ,so maybe that bacteria Lactobacillus will not help me but make think worst?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Every single human produces enough gas to fart on average 14 times a day. Farting and having some intestinal gas is normal and healthy.All people eat food that has carbohydrates in it no human on the planet can digest. We just don't have the right equipment to digest it.Some people may have lost the ability to produce the enzyme that breaks down lactose, and some people do not absorb fructose as well as most people so they end up with a few extra carbs going into the colon.Humans when we digest carbs break it down until all that is left is water and carbon dioxide. We use oxygen to do that. That is why you take oxygen from the air when you breathe and exhale with a bunch of carbon dioxide.Many bacteria also digest carbs and break it down until all that is left is water and various gases including carbon dioxide, methane and hydrogen. Depends on what way the break the carbohydrates down and many of them can digest the carbs no human on the planet either digests or absorbs.Bacteria live in the colon. They are supposed to be there. It is normal and healthy to have bacteria in the colon. You cannot get rid of them.Probiotic bacteria BY DEFINITION (the characteristic of the group) is that they don't break carbohydrates all the way down to gas and water. They stop part way. Lactic acid (what makes yogurt tangy and tart) is one stopping point of the digestion process. This is a solid material, not a gas. They just don't complete the breakdown process all the way. You can't fart it out because it is not gas.Lactobacillus are called that because they like to live in milk (as well as humans) and make lactic acid from the lactose. They are sometimes used ot TREAT lactose intolerance the do not CAUSE lactose intolerance.If you want less gas you can do one of two things.DO NOT FEED THE BACTERIA SO MUCH. So eating a low flatus diet and avoiding lactose or fructose if you have problems with those specific carbohydrates. Most people who think they fart too much or who are sensitive to gas levels (common in IBS) do not produce more gas than anyone else, they just have more problems with normal gas production.Here is the standard gas reduction diet info: http://www.endowsec.com/pated/edtgs12.htmCHANGE THE BACTERIA YOU HAVE. This is where probiotics come in. They make ZERO gas when they digest carbs and every carb they digest is one that the bacteria that make gas from carbs can't get ahold of.I can reduce my fart frequency from 20 -30 times a day to 1-2 farts a day with probiotics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
thank you for your reply !this product is good ? http://secom.bizoo.ro/vanzare/162813/Jarro...biotice-adulti- Another brands you say it I just dont find it in my country .Also when this will have effect on me , after first day / weeks ? Because I have this gas disorder since 7,8 years now , maybe will take longer to have effect , I need to know this so i dont quit treat if no effect.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Jarrodophilus is a brand I have used and tends to have a good reputation. The ones with FOS may cause a bit more gas at first and some people do not tolerate FOS well even after taking it for awhile.Usually here the Jarrodophilus with FOS has it on the label in big letters so that one of their products looks like it doesn't have FOS in it, but you might read up on it before ordering/buying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I buy it ,on box say 1 to 4 pills per day . You have any idea how many to take and after how many days/months will I see the results ?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Start with one for a few days and if that goes well (and you don't get enough relief then up the dose).Usually you'll know by about the 2 week mark if you are farting less (usually takes less time for me, but may take longer for others) and usually a 4 week trial is long enough to know if it is the right one for you.Some people get some initial discomfort so that is why giving it at least 2 weeks is a good idea, it gets you past that for long enough to start to see if there is a benefit for you from that product.Sometimes people try a couple of brands before they find the right one for them and like anything it doesn't work for some people.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I found it useful to eat yogurt when taking Probiotics. Not the commercial yogurt like Yoplait which has lots of sugar and other crazy ingredients, but Greek Yogurt which is creamy and is real yogurt. Probiotics and digestive enzymes are what I use to control my problems with gas. Further, I eat a lot of rice and an Asian type diet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts