Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I'm not usually affected by C ( my guts seem to prefer hanging out with the G and occasionally D crowd
) but I made a slight change to my diet this week. i am a big fan of boiled brown rice with my grilled meat or steamed fish. Anyways I bought a batch of rice noodles and I spent this week eating them as a change.What on earth happened!?! My guts just ground to a halt. My gas got WAY worse ( though I've been trying to include more fruit and veg in my diet ) so I couldn't believe I had gone four days without any bowel movement. Like is that even possible when your having five bits of fruit and veg!?! Well, obviously it is. So I got worried and came running back to my old way of eating - brown rice. Typically I would have 250g ( cooked weight ) of the stuff a day. And hey presto my innards have made a comeback.So, I'm posting this here on the C area just in case some people want to try adding some brown rice to their diet for their C. I just presumed that rice noodles must be the same as brown rice but obviously their not.I'm thinking of noting down the fiber content of my diet to see if that makes any difference. Aside from fitday.com ( that's all in american measurements and drives me crazy! ) does anyone know a website that gives foods fiber content?Thanks folks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts