Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband convinced me to eat at the Taco Cabana with him Saturday, and I regretted it Saturday night and Sunday. I am not normally bothered by trigger foods, but this burrito ultimo dish that I ate didn't trigger D or C, but it triggered a TON of gas later that evening and a lot of softer, but pretty well-formed BM's the next morning. Does this happen to anyone?Also, there have been occasions, although none really recently where I have had soft/urgent stools (nothing that I would consider D) with virtually no cramps or "warning". How common is this for others?There have also been times recently when I've been amazed that one day after I have taken both a Lotronex and one Immodium that I'm still able to go to the bathroom. My bowels have me all confused!

G

·
the first time I ever ate Mexican food (almost 23 years ago) I spent all of the next morning and a good deal of the afternoonin the bathroom (at work) and I didn't know about IBS then. I think it was all the new spices and fibers my system was suprised by. Mexican is not a trigger for me now.On the other question, yes, I too have random, occaisional bouts with stool that I get a vauge sensation of needing to go and when I do, it pretty much fills the cammode with soft stool and its like I don't have to put any effort into going if you follow my meaning. I have ignored the urge once too many times too. You don't want to know...

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I can't offer much help with your problem, but I will say Taco Cabana is my favorite place to eat, but I never get anything but their roasted chicken (I remove the skin and bones and just eat the breast). I also LOVE their homemade tortillas. However, many of the beans, cheese, meat and fried stuff will cause GI problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts