Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so glad I have found this group. I have thought for years I was the only one with this problem. The minute I eat a meal, the gut starts rolling and the gas is so bad I think I will explode. Talk about misery, try working in an office and being terrified of making any sudden moves that will cause a "toot" to slip out. Sometimes it is so uncontrollable. Today I bought acidophilus, has anyone had any luck with it for this problem? Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Connieo,I to have suffering from embarassing gas from this. Try different stuff. Stay away from dairy..See if that works. Try antacids...see if that helps. Try less carbonated drinks, gas pills, different foods. I can't have raw veggies exspecially brocolli, cawliflower, cucumbers. Experiment we are all different.Nancy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Connieo,This has been a terrible problem for me, too, for the past 8 years. In my case, the gas seems to have found an outlet of its own and somehow makes it to the outside world without my knowledge or consent. In fact, I don't even know that I am leaking gas until other people around me start acting strangely! I find that a diet low in carbohydrates and, as Nancy mentions, avoiding dairy products is very effective in preventing gas. I also take Chlorofresh to handle the odors that leak out of me involuntarily. I haven't tried acidophilous.I hope this helps. Good luck!Debbie

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have been dealing with this problem way too long. I can fart louder and be smellier than any man or woman. I will challenge anybody. I have to admit I am 100 times worse than my poor husband. But, I finally found relief guys/girls.A ginger sup. after every meal or before the meal and 2 mega-acidophilus supps. at bedtime.I am lactose intolerant so be sure or be tested to see if you are. It makes a huge difference.Good LuckLaura

·
Registered
445 Posts
I also suffer from gas. I have been eating a low carbo diet lately and that has helped some. I also stay away from dairy many veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower and many fruits such as bananas and watermelon. I never drink carbonated drinks. Laura - I'm so glad you found relief!!! What ginger supplements do you take?? I really would like to try it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks you guys, you have no idea how much better I feel just knowing I'm not alone. I will get tested for lactose intolerance and begin experimenting with the low carbohydrate diet. I have already stopped drinking the carbonated drinks and think it may have helped a little. Thanks for being there to have someone to talk to about this embarrassing problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi connieo,Well everybody here knows I could not pass up this thread, I am the champion of the world. Tried lots of stuff haven't found an answer yet... but keep trying.Laura, your's may be louder but mine are stinkier. I hate it.... I'm interested in what kinds of (A ginger sup. after every meal or before the meal and 2 mega-acidophilus supps. at bedtime.)you take and does the acidophilus help if you are not lactose intolerant? Why would that make a difference. I have tried all of the above and don't seem to matter...------------------ Don't make ME come down there!!. GOD

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
What happens to the gas if you don�t eat for a long time (say 2 days)?Joyce, I thought you ameliorated the odor issue with the chlorophyll product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.