Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Usually I post on another bb, and thought I'd visit. I've tried just about everything to get rid of the gas problem, but with no success except for chlorophyl...but after a while I felt like I was being poisoned. The charcoal cushion helps while sitting, but that is all....A while back I was referred to a site which sold sheets of charcoal you could wear inside underwear. It sounded like a great idea, except it was advertised as a joke item. Has anyone heard of a similar product being marketed other than as a joke? I would send for them, but I'm afraid it would turn out to be a gag gift only and have no effect. Like to hear from you. bachiana

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi there bachiana, and welcome to the board!
I recognize your name from Parkview - you'll see quite a lot of familiar "faces" here.
Julie

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi bachiana, and welcome to the Board! I think I saw something about the charcoal months ago, but just don't remember where. Hopefully someone else will remember and come up with an answer for you!
JeanG------------------Member of "The Advance Guard for the Ozone Rangers".May the "farce" be with you. JeanG

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I sure hope someone knows or gets going on making the product! It could be like a mini pad. There are sprays that are put on undergarments that kill urine odor. It's used for people that are incontinent. This has some effect on intestional gas. I have often wondered about putting odor eaters (for sneakers) on undergarments!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi to all gas sufferers! Well, I sent away for the filters you wear in your underwear-the charcoal coated . They are thin pads and they HAVE BEEN WORKING TO ABSORB THE GAS ODOR!!! I see there wasn't much interest in this thread, but if anyone who is desparately trying to find help with gas odor(like I am) wants more information, just post and I'll respond . FWIW bachiana

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Hi Bachiana, see you found your way over here.Just wanted to say that I have tried them all. the odor eaters etc. I got two of those pads you sit on and cut up one so that I could wear it in my underware. I still heard people make remarks about the bad smell.
there is a place on the Web called Farty Pants, you can order the pads but I think it is a joke and would probably come shipped in a box telling what it was. Big lable with name etc on. So I didn't send for it . One gal that I e-mail has sent for it but never got, it but then it comes from England I believe, so would take time.
You would think if we can put a man on the moom we could find something that would work...It would have to be something that that th wind passed into to and then was filtered. So none of the smell could get out.
Just a desperate idea.
------------------Prayer doesn't change God , it changes the one who prays..C type, with G

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
bachiana, This sounds great! Where do you order them? Is it a web site? Can you post the site or address etc. if there is no site? Thanks, vikee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Joycein OH, I understand how you feel about being cautious & doubtful after having tried so many products and finding them to fail. I am the same,but was desparate enough to try this. So, here is more info for you and vikee: Yes the product is from Farty Pants and was originally meant to be a joke product.Before ordering I asked them if the package had a return address on it with the Farty Pants logo. It comes in the mail from the UK in a plain mailer. The product is a thin charcoal soaked pad with a texture similar to an air conditioner's filture. You wear it on your body securely held in place by a second pair of undies.(If you wear tight fitting jeans, though, the outline will show that you are wearing something). I use a tiny piece of Velcro backing for insurance! The product comes 1 per package and is WAY Overpriced...8.50 each. One will last for 6 mos. and can be laundered some w/o losing its effectiveness, it says. I got 2 and so far haven't been getting the usual remarks and comments which has helped tremendously with self esteem. I just hope and pray that this is a lasting remedy,gals. At first you'll be disappointed when you see the itty bitty size of product you'll be getting for your money, but I guess we'll try anything that 'll help.huh?!!! It took 2 weeks to receive. I'd send them a money order. The website is www.fartypants.com FWIWbachiana

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
bachiana, thanks so much for all the information and the web site. I'm willing to try it and see. I don't have a traveling type order just want something in case I have gas and am around people. I generally make a quick exit or hold it in. But I always want to be prepared! Will post after I use them. Thank you so much. vikee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vickee & Bachiana et al: I just joined the IBS discussion group and was searching for info on solutions to the gas problem. Thanks for the fart filter info. I can't believe I just sent away for one - but if it works it'll be worth the humiliation. One note: I'm a tropical fish hobbyist. Are you aware that you can get all the activated charcoal you want from aquarium suppliers like Pet Warehouse.com and ThatPetPlace.com? It usually comes in small mesh bags or loose in cartons for a LOT less than a fart filter. Hagen filter Co., for instance, has a small fine mesh bag of activated carbon for one of its smaller filters. The bag costs $1.59! A half gallon of loose activated charcoal costs about $6.00. The suppliers have some nice customer support people who might be able to locate activated charcoal pads as well. I know they exist. I've seen them. You could try 1-800-443-1160 or 1-888- 842-8738. Of course, you'd have to make up some kind of "fish story" when you talked to them. If I get too resentful about getting ripped off by the far filter people, I'll look into this further and report back. Be well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.