Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone else out there has had a problem with trapped gas(which for me results in shoulder & back pain) after taking Lomotil. I took three tablets yesterday & have been having problems in the night & today.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
This makes sense given how Lomotil (and Imodium) work. They tend to cause the intestine to contract in place (spasms?) and that impede the flow of gas.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
NO I take Lomotil and it does not trap gas like that for me. I have never taken 3 together. Does that make you C? I have taken maybe 2 at one time and I do get C. But welcome the C when needed.Take careKat

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I usually don't take anything for diarrhea specifically, but I have a panic disorder/anxiety problem that causes IBS so I usually take Vicoprofin(just before certain events) and that works great, but I had a bad bout of diarrhea the day before I took the three Lomotil, because that's what the prescription said (1-2 pills up to eight a day). It was basically just to stave off any diarrhea because I had a photography job that day and was traveling. I still am having back pains today that I think is gas, but am no longer certain it's caused by the pills. In any case, I think I will stick to my Vicoprofin.

·
Registered
160 Posts
quote:Originally posted by d.mae:I am wondering if anyone else out there has had a problem with trapped gas(which for me results in shoulder & back pain) after taking Lomotil. I took three tablets yesterday & have been having problems in the night & today.
I get the gas and bloating with C from taking too much Lomotil. So my doctor gives me Zelnorm to even out the affects and that usually will give me normal bowel movements.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I took 5 Immodium Advanced today and still got D in the afternoon, I hate having this disorder! I wish they could just find some "cure" or pill that would really help symptoms! I am on Lexapro now and take .10mg for anxiety but I don't think it's helping, anyone know of a better anti anxiety drug for IBS-D?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vicoprofin does the trick for me, however, I don't need to take it all the time. I am a little worried about becoming addicted to a narcotic, but since I only take it when I absolutely need it (i.e. when going on a car trip with others, eating during a meeting, etc)I think I'm okay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.