Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem. I went through some of the posts and I read a few people that seem to have this problem.I have had loose bowel movements for years. Sometimes they are formed and fine but pretty much my regular thing is too have gas in morning and than go a few times in the morning but it is loose to pieces. If it's pieces they are flat and ribbon-like or wormy but soft(sorry so graphic!). No pain or anything. After that I'm fine for the day.Just recently,maybe the past month,I started getting a pain or discomfort in my upper stomach. It is right between my breastbone in the middle at the top of the stomach. I noticed I would be fine in the morning and as soon as I started eating this pain would start. As the day went on it would get worse. Maybe I should say it was more uncomfortable than a pain. It was like something was stuck right at the top there. Like a rock. I went to the GP and he blew me off as being a hypochondriac(I have a tendency to be one sometimes). This wasn't going away so I made an appointment with the gastro Dr. but that isn't until Sept.29.In the meantime I thought it was indigestion,thought I had stomach cancer. I have no burning or acid reflux though.One day I took some Tums to see if that would help and it did. It went away in a matter of a few minutes. It stayed away for a few days. Than something came back, but this time it is more gas pains that float around. I get sharp pains and gurgling all over. It feels like I need to burp and pass gas but nothing will come out until the morning. I never have passed a lot of gas and don't burp much but lately I have burped more than usual but it still doesn't relieve it much. I try to do some Yoga postions and that gets some out but it just keeps coming back.My concern is that it's happening everyday all day after I eat a meal. I was (and still am)worried that it's something serious(heard that ovarian cancer can cause gas but I have no bloating anywhere especially not in the ovary area)but after reading some of the posts it sounds like it's trapped gas from IBS. I was never diagnosed with IBS but I have all the sypmtoms. I don't get constipated only loose.My mother has IBS too. She burps all the time. They say you turn into your mother but I sure hope I don't end up burping all over the place!Does anyone else have this type of problem? Where the gas gets worse as the day goes on and when they eat.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts