Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi: I was diagnosed with IBS three years ago. Had 2 colonoscopies Upper Gi and lower bowel series abdominal and pelvic scan Ultra sounds everything ok. I am going for a sigmoidoscopy Monday. I am so fed up. I have pressure on right side and spasms in colon. I have decided to give up coffee as of today and also wine. Maybe that is what is making me so sick. I was on ativan for three years for IBS. I felt much better. Been off since April. I seem to be much worse since. It seems to be constant pain and spasms. Most nights I am fine. I have noticed that my anxiety can be really bad and then I am worse. I keep thinking I have cancer. I feel it is not normal to suffer so much. I takk zelnorm for 1 night and the next day I had terrible gas. My intestines seem to be so sensitive. Has anyone else experienced constant pain. I was diagnosed with IBS at 57. With all the tests I had I would imagine if it was something serious It would have shown up. Especially with an CT scan.I need some reassurance.Caeli

·
Registered
510 Posts
If you've been tested for everything, you are probably fine, just our friend IBS! If your pain is worse with anxiety, would your doctor prescribe something for you? It can be a huge trigger, I know. I try to steer clear of anxiety meds because they make me "dopey", but I know they have helped a lot of people. Hope you are feeling better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just wrote a post similar to this one. I have had anxiety attacks for years and years but i have never taken anything for them. I have never had a colonoscopy done or anything other than a blood stool test and standard blood tests. I am also scared that it is cancer i get very scared. I get the gas pains and always feel like my stomach is in dire straits. I really really hope you feel better and you get some answers.Katy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.