Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can you do if your husband thinks your "tooting" is gross... what can you do if you have IBS and pass wind lots??? This is a sincere question, if I do not pass wind when I need to my guts feel like they are going to explode.. it is absolutely horrible... I ate bean burritos last night, and the rest is history...it has been a dreadful day today due to the beans... I haven't eaten them in months... but sometimes I want to... I cannot spend the rest of the day in the washroom, can I????

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hi there,I feel for your situation, as I often wonder what it would be like if my better half wasn't understanding. He is very good about my farts, and we often have a good laugh. I don't think I could be as understanding as he is if it were reversed.Now...what should you do...I would try to explain to him that the gas is very uncomfortable, and that if you could stop you would (beans aren't going to help though!).Short of that, I would ask him to hang out in another place for a while (or vice versa) if he is suffering so much!Good luck,Lisa

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lisa! I wish my husband could sit and laugh with me, sometimes it is fun to laugh at... hey if you have ibs, you gotta laugh about it sometimes... Yes, I will talk to him about it again... and try to stay away from those beans...(I love them)take care, Jaantje

G

·
hi there is a product called beano that I take whenever eating beans, it works for me, I take 2 just before - plus I gave up coffee, a very difficult thing to do, but I have found the caffeine makes my stomach more nervous and therefore it goes into more spasms and traps the gas. Hope this helps a bit.
[/LIST]

G

·
If you smoke cigarettes....you can try to say that your going out to smoke. I have tried alot of products and they dont work. Have you tried to go for walks? that way you have a reason to leave the house? Just some ideas.O~

G

·
Yes, i like that idea too. Get a great big German shephard and feed it beans and cheese n stuff then leave the house and everyone will think its the dog all the time. Ok....maybe that idea was extreme. I think your hubby should be a little more tolerant to what is. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
large amounts of gas are caused by starches, and sugars, fruits and beans of course. You have to find out for yourself what causes the problem. I cut out carbs and it cut back on the amount of gas but the wee bit of gas that seeps out all the time is a real killer for anyone within 100 feet. And that is no joke.. sorry to say
If you need to eat beans take you week ends go to the great outdoors and just eat all the beans you want, Get rid of the gas before you go back to worksatisfy your craving that way. If I knew what caused my problem I would gladly give it up but for me it seems to be everything.......
Anyway you are not alone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.