Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been to this site in 1 month. However, I read all the messages on gas. I'm grateful for spasman and his sharing of what he knows or has read. This is very embarrasing to have to say but my gas has such a foul odor and it is very embarrasing. I sometimes have to miss out on things I would really like to do. I have told all my doctors about this to no avail. No answers.I've tried many different Homeopathic remedies. Chlorophyll, peppermint oil capsules,colon cleanse,abstaining from gassy foods,and just about anything else you can think of. Does anyone else have this problem? If so HELP!!Again this is so embarassing and confining. I know I am among empathetic souls. I read where it can be caused by a bacteria(?). I have been diagnosed with IBS and am lactose intolerant. I try to stay away from dairy. I know the foods that only adds to this problem so I do my best to stay away from them.I have also taken accidolpholus(I don't know if I spelled that right) as I also have a problem with canditis. Well thanks for being here and I hope everyone is having a grand New Year. Pnorman [/LIST]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi there,I had the same problem as you. I am IBS-D and lactose intolerant as well. In my search to find what would ease my various symptoms, I stumbled on yogurt! I eat a small container of Dannon Yogurt, Creamy Blends everyday. (This yogurt has acidophyllus in it....not all yogurts do. I tried other brands of yogurt, and even the different Dannon ones, and only this one does the trick.) It got rid of the smelly gas, and I found that it soothes my tummy as well. Since doing this, and taking Levsin, I have not any any symptoms! Good Luck!MJ

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Maybe you should post on the Pain/Gas/Bloating forum on this site. There are other people there who have similar experiences.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The bad odor in the gas depends on which bacteria you have living in there (EVERYONE has bacteria living in the colon).One of the major groups people may have is sulfur reducing bacteria. They take things like amino acids in protien and convert it to hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg smell). Pepto Bismol can help with the odor, and was tested in a study. Many people can take a few doses a day without getting too constipated.You might try reducing the protien load in your diet. What you do not absorb feeds the bacteria in the gut. If you stop feeding them as much, it may help the odor.K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts