Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey allLately I have been experiencing a ton of gas! I used to get these stomach aches before I knew I was lactose intolerant. I've cut out dairy completely, so I know it isn't that. I guess I'm just confused because this is kind of random. I have just recently started drinking Fennel tea for gas/bloating, but have yet to really notice a difference. Anyone else have any luck with helping their gas?Thanks!Andrea

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:Lately I have been experiencing a ton of gas! I
How do you know it's a ton, exactly?
quote:gas/bloating
Two often unrelated conditions.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Pain and bloating may or may not be gas.Are you farting more than usual? or does the pain/bloating go away after farting?The reason gas treatments do not always work for pain or bloating is that gas is often not the culprit.K.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:I've noticed alot lately that I'm bloated but not passing alot of gas.
Presumably, you don't have gas.
quote:Was does cause the bloating if it's not gas?
We don't really know. One theory posits a change in the tone of the abdominal muscles.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
A recent study showed that for the exact same volume of gas IBSers experience much more bloating and distension.I think it has to do with how the intestines feel and how the abdominal muscles respond to that (basically don't like the pressure so you can't hold the stomach in as is typical).There is also upper GI bloating that is often after meals that seems to be not that the stomach is full of gas but how it feels when you eat. For me digestive enzymes OTC with pancreatic enzymes in them will treat that when it does happen. Prescription pancreatic enzymes in a study seemed to have some benefit for bloating.K.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dear Bloated,What else it could be if not gas when you have to unbutton a skirt or unzip pants. Of course it's gas.I experience two kinds of situations: a/the gas is traped in my intestines and rides up and down, east and west, trying to escape but obstructed and causes pain and cramps b/ the one that found the way out, produces smell and lesser pain and cramps. I made a mistake and ate a regular ice cream forgot that my intestines like only soy ice cream. Bingo! I am bloated and in pain level 8 on 1-10 scale. When the pain diminished i happened to eat jicama. Ladies and gentlemen with IBS, don't eat jicama. It felt like rockets launched by Hezbola to Israel. I crave peace.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.