Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

gaviscon

7K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  Kathleen M. 
#1 ·
i've started taking gaviscon (chewables) everyday and have found that they are helping with a variety of stomach pains (not just the burny, acidy-feeling)...is it bad to keep taking it regularly? the bottle says not to take it regularly for more than 2 weeks straight, but that's probably something i haveta say to cover their butts right?

#13 ·
I used to take Gaviscon but then found Remegels which I find works better for me. I find they help when I've got a lot of acid and sometimes with Nausea too. I don't think any of these are dangerous as such but with anything, you shouldn't take more than the recommended daily dosage.

#12 ·
I used to take Gaviscon but then found Remegels which I find works better for me. I find they help when I've got a lot of acid and sometimes with Nausea too. I don't think any of these are dangerous as such but with anything, you shouldn't take more than the recommended daily dosage.

#14 ·
They have a few tests you can take for ulcers... one is a blood test for H-PYLORI or they can do an Endoscopy. I was negative for H-PYLORI but had active ulcer disease from NSAIDs which lead to a small bowel obstruction. Gaviscon, MOM and other OTC's helped considerably with the burning, reflux and RUQ pain until it progressed and I needed prescription Protonix and then surgery. So it's always best to find out early what is acually causing your symptoms, not just how to treat the symptom.

#15 ·
They have a few tests you can take for ulcers... one is a blood test for H-PYLORI or they can do an Endoscopy. I was negative for H-PYLORI but had active ulcer disease from NSAIDs which lead to a small bowel obstruction. Gaviscon, MOM and other OTC's helped considerably with the burning, reflux and RUQ pain until it progressed and I needed prescription Protonix and then surgery. So it's always best to find out early what is acually causing your symptoms, not just how to treat the symptom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.