Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long term ibs sufferer - symptoms appear to be worsening - had all tests /diets/ lot of alternative therapy - no joyAt present main problems - diarrohoea, awake early in morning, bad headaches during dayAny ideas - anyone ??

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Hi DH, welcome to the bb.What have your tried and what are you doing now?Have you ever heard of CBT or Hypnotherapy for IBS?Do you also get pain?

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Hi DH, welcome to the bb.What have your tried and what are you doing now?Have you ever heard of CBT or Hypnotherapy for IBS?Do you also get pain?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I personally had wonderful success with Remeron. It blocks the 5ht3 receptor that controls gut reaction. (like Lotronex). It is a non-addictive anti-depressant. (I don't suffer from depression just terrible D). I would ask your doctor for advice.Have you had any success with Levsinex,Levbid, or Bentyl?What do you take for it now? Taking calcium pills may help you if you don't want to take prescription drugs.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I personally had wonderful success with Remeron. It blocks the 5ht3 receptor that controls gut reaction. (like Lotronex). It is a non-addictive anti-depressant. (I don't suffer from depression just terrible D). I would ask your doctor for advice.Have you had any success with Levsinex,Levbid, or Bentyl?What do you take for it now? Taking calcium pills may help you if you don't want to take prescription drugs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.