Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had upper back pain between shoulder blades after eating? I am wondering if this has something to do with my GERD. I am currently taking prevacid which I just started yesterday. I first noticed the pain sometime last week. It happens after I eat and then comes and goes. Then after a while it goes away until after the next meal. It kind of feels like a burning pain. I am curious to see if anyone else gets this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response. I am hoping it stops with the prevacid too! I am seeing my GP tomorrow and I will find out if he thinks I need an endo. My insurance is not great so they might want me to try the prevacid for a few weeks before doing any tests. Thanks again!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I told my doctor about it and he didn't seemed concerned. He seemed to think it was gas related. I only assumed it was gas because it only happens after I eat. Once food has settled it stops. Then I eat again and 30 minutes later the back pain starts and it kind of burns. Feels like heartburn in my back. I don't have it in the morning at all. I also take Mylanta before bedtime. It has gotten worse thoug. I stopped with Prevacid because it made me naseous so I started on Prilosec. I'm starting to worry now that it might be gall bladder or something else. I will go back to DR and see what he has to say. Thanks for all your replies.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. I have an appointment to see my doctor in 2 days and I'm going to tell him that it has gotten worse. The prilosec seems to be working a little. I cut soda and chocolate out of my diet - especially early in the day. I think that certain foods are triggering it. It's been better the past few days and I've been very careful about what I eat. The acid reflux appears to be getting better but the back pain is still happening occasionally. It really seems as though sweets, candy, cookies and stuff like that need to be avoided!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.