Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a sharp pain that is relieved only by eating or drinking milk, does it have to be an ulcer or can it be GERD (doctor mentioned gastritis). I only took one pill (and I've taken them all my life) and it set this off a few days back. Anaprox is a pill that is hard to digest but I've been taking it for years. Could this have done it?

·
Registered
23,788 Posts
Barb, I answered the other thread for you. Some medication can cause gi Upset and that is one of them."If you have a sharp pain that is relieved only by eating or drinking milk, does it have to be an ulcer or can it be GERD (doctor mentioned gastritis)." IBS can be relieved by eating sometimes also. The way to tell is via tests.I think these are some issues the doctor needs to talk to you about. That you have taken that med for years and explain the difference between ulcers, gerd, IBS , dyspepsia and the differences between them all. And dicuss some tests with you. Some of the conditions mentioned can show up in blood work with a high white cell count that reflects inflammation in the system, and is one, but not the only method of many to figure out the problem. Certain symptoms might also reflect the problem like blood in the stools, weight loss, fever ect., that may be something more serious then IBS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.