Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today we just got back from our little Thanksgiving trip to my moms. I'm so happy to say that it was totally IBS free!! My mom and I had a talk the day I got there. She made me promise to eat whatever I wanted and go where ever, and when ever I wanted. She said if I had an accident it was no big deal, she would get me home where I could just clean up and it would be fine. Just hearing that took so much of the anxiety away I guess. Hearing that it was ok, that life would go on if I had an accident made me feel so much better.I ate anything I wanted. Egg nog, pie, the whole works on the Turkey dinner. Pizza the next day, TACO BELL!!! Of course I'm not crazy so I made sure I took my caltrate and Immodium once a day when I knew we were going out. But I guess the big thing was that I didn't worry about it. I didn't stress over it, and didn't have any panic attacks when a little rumble in my stomach began. It was great. And on the way home I was fine too. Relaxing and not caring if I have an accident is the best thing I can do for myself. Of course without the Caltrate Plus I couldn't do that, but the last 4 days showed me that I can control this to a really good point if I want to. Hope everyone else had an IBS FREE holiday!Jennifer

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Jennifer, that was a nice post and I am glad to hear it went so well for you, its nice when its not on your mind all the time
!Good for you!

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Jenifer, that was a nice post and I am glad to hear it went so well for you, its nice when its not on your mind all the time
!Good for you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts