Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
This is a quick spin off from my Have you been successful in convincing your employer of your IBS thread which admittedly, has gotten long in the tooth and recently was derailed with talk about the Audio 100 programhttp://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry786071So to save folks from having to spend 15 minutes reading that whole thread just to get to the bottom line, I figured I'd sum it up here in a quick message. After a lot of procrastination over the course of over 1 year (it's my other chronic condition) I finally got my doctor to write a letter for my employer certifying that I have IBS, and mostly D, along with some symptoms and the fact it affects me daily. I will be asking for reasonable accommodations.I have a bunch of emails between my supervisor and manager over the course of the year, however I don't want to burden upper management too much with this information and complain too much. I tried negotiating a fair schedule, and it is better now than before, but I still arrive late and will need flexibility with maybe telecommuting in case I am stuck completely at home. (they don't offer sick leave for part timers, so if I'm absent, it's zero pay). Telecommuting would eliminate that possibility.I guess I need to make an action plan of what I'm going to say, how to spin it so that it sounds like a win win situation for both the company and me. I'm thinking of mentioning that offering accommodations will allow me to be calmer, in turn less stressed, be more productive, and reliable. any ideas on how to draft a plan to prepare for the "big talk"?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Hi teeth,Good luck with both your work situation and your search for a treatment. Hopefully, you will have someone with you who is at least reasonable.I will keep my fingers crossed for you.Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.