Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wake up hungry about 3am all the time.. What I am eating isn't holding me over until morning.. even if I have a snack right before bedtime.. it just doesn't get me through... any suggestions????Wendy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are you being treated by a physician for IBS? If not you should consider it. Otherwise if what you are saying is that your food goes straight through you, you might try immodium.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Hi Wendy,I used to have this problem and sometimes still do now. It is an upper GI problem instead of an IBS-related one. Can you tolerate a lil bit of non-fat milk? or soymilk? or rice/ almond milk? If so, you could probably drink half a glass of it to coat the stomach and then take two tablets of Tums (chewable) to reduce stomach acid. I find this most helpful.Eating crackers/cereal isn't really a good idea b/c they enter the stomach triggering a surge of acid and then do not have enough content/fiber for the stomach digest. So the key is to coat the stomach so that it feels a lil more comfortable and then reduce the stomach acid rather than stimulate it. Sometimes I also only chew the Tums without drinking the (soy/rice etc) milk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.