Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So many people on here find ginger in lots of different forms to be really helpful in combating nausea but I honestly have had no luck at all with it. Not wishing to sound a martyr but my nausea is the worst nausea I have ever experienced - and I was really bad when pregnant - but this is far far worse. I take metroclopromide and after an hour or so I feel a lot less sick but the ginger does zilch. Wish it did and happy for those of you it has helped though.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It would be lovely if one treatment was all anyone ever needed. When ginger works it works well, but you have to try things to find what works for you.I don't know if it is just how severe the nausea is or just what compounds tweak things the right way, but you have to do what works for you no matter what works for someone else.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My youngest daughter had morning/afternoon/evening sickness terrible with her last child. She was in the ER twice for being dehydrated. The doctor, a young one, suggested...you won't believe it....vinegar potato chips. They helped her like nothing else did. Also, if you google, "morning sickness lollipops" you will see suckers that really help. We went to Cypress Gardens and I foolishly went on a ride in 95 degree heat and got sick as a dog. They put me in the infirmary and I could not move without nausua. My daughter came in, seven months pregnant, and handed me a sucker, and ten minutes later I was able to go back to the hotel to lay down. They are good for stomach flu upset also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.