Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Ginger ale helps me some with nausea, reflux, and discomfort. But not more than a 2 or 3 cans a day, or the sugar makes me feel crappy and run down. Never tried the capsules. Liquid usually works better and faster, but if sugar bothers you, probably not. I "flatten" it first by pouring it into a big cup from a foot or two above. Or, you can dump it in a bottle and shake the hell out of it. This gets it about as flat as sitting it out overnight.

G

·
They help with nausea and motion sickness and settle your stomach....they also seem to have a mild diuretic effect..

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yeah, I ran out and bought them after a member said that it helped her gas & pain. But it didn't do anything for me. I stuck with them for at least a couple of weeks, but no luck. So, I just stuck the ginger next to the charcoal caps, chlorofresh, beano...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
There was a member on here --- I can't remember who right now who was posting of all the positive things that were happening with her takin ginger capsules. I believe for C. I tried them several months ago and they did not react well with my system. I won't ever take them again. I found that they increased spasms in my upper right side and I was in quite a flare up after taking them. I remember I had to go and see my gastro and he was not surprised that this happened with ginger.My suggestion if do try the ginger capsules is to start slow and see what happens. If you tolerate it and it seems to help then I would increase the dosage slowly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.