Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!A FRIEND OF MINE, WHO IS INTO HOMEOPATHY AND EASTERN MEDICINE RECOMMENDED I TRY TAKING GINGER, TURMERIC, AND PEPPERMINT OIL CAPSULES (ENTERIC COATED). HAS ANYONE TRIED ANY OR ALL OF THE ABOVE? AT THIS POINT I'M WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING FOR MY IBS-D, BUT I WAS JUST CURIOUS IF ANYONE HAS HAD ANY RESULTS.THANKS!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Turmeric dramatically stimulates the flow of bile. In the short run, this could aggravate the problem. In the long run, for most people, turmeric is good for gall bladder and liver health. How a person responds to turmeric or ginger depends on the root of their problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Peppermint tea for me is a g-dsend! It is a wonderful thing...the warmth is so nice and peppermint lightly anesticises (spelling?) things - I feeling everything calming with the first swallow! I haven't tried capsules but I know the tea is wonderful.Good luck!Leah

·
Registered
646 Posts
I use peppermint tea for crampy pains and generally find it a calming refreshing drink.I also use Ginger capsules for nausea occasionally.I usually separate the capsule and make a tea from the powdered Ginger inside.Ginger is also an antispasmodic and can help with intestinal cramps too.I haven't ever tried tumeric though.Bobbie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.