Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed that many on this site have claimed that taking ginger, in various forms, has helped reduced the amount of gas and bloating ibs sufferers often cope with. i am adding my voice to that chorus. since ive been taking fresh ginger root, i have had fewer problems with leaky gas and am better able to contain my flatus. i carry the root in my purse. rinse and eat with or after meals. i hope some of u will give it the benefit of doubt and try it for a least a couple days. hope it help u as well. i am also taking diatomaceous earth as i thought the problem may have been intestinal parasites. i have experience some physical changes, (i. e. ear infection has gone away) but am still not convinced it truly is working as a dewormer. ive done much reading online and have read reports in favor and against its effectiveness. fda diatomaceous earth is not harmful to consume but should not be inhaled. been taking it for about 6 weeks and am going to continue until the recommended 4 months are completed. this kind of dirt allegedly kills parasites and reduces fecal odor. i purchased mine from Wolf Creek Ranch. check it out and see what u think. i have also been taking 32oz of water with 2 teaspoons of table salt for salt water intestine flushes. i usually feel cleaner after. not sure if it helps with the smell. i am supposed to use sea salt but have been using table salt because its available. i recommend that u follow the recommended course of action and use sea salt. hope this helps someone.sick-of-ibs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes. ginger is very spicy/hot to taste. but ive gotten used to it and it isnt a problem for me. if u dont like the taste you can make ginger tea which has also worked for me. just slice ginger and pour hot water over. let it steep for 8-10 mins. 1/4 to 1/2 chunk of ginger root is the amount i typically chew and swallow with water. use same amount in slices for tea. i havent experienced any stomach upset which may be because i usually eat it with or after a meal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.