Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing symptoms of my IBS that I thought were strange for the last two days and I finally came across this site and I want scream YIPPEE--finally people who understand! I apologize for some of the details below.I was diagnosed with IBS in high school (I am now 32), but have always had stomach issues. I had gastroenteritis and mom thinks I had a bout with gastritis as well, but we don't quite remember. I also have a hemorrhoid and a twisted colon. Does a twisted colon mean that I have double the pain??Symptoms for me nausea, severe pain in my lower abdomen, some pain in stomach, pain in myback, feeling like things are stuck in my tum and throat, hot flashes, peeing so much that I can't sleep at night, thirsty,constipation (well obviously)...and a few others.And I've been getting more yeast and urinary infections which I read somewhere could be related-don't know if that's true or not. Since November I started throwing up like once a month. It took me forever to find a new gastro on my insurance. I went to see him, did a blood work up and sono. Now with the old Doc we ruled out Crohns, fibromyalgia and afew other diseases. This doc ruled ut Celiacs and lupus, and I didn't have gall stones.I am using to having maybe three attacks a year that last about a week. This has been going on since about November. I read online a man suffered for 14 months with very few "good" days from one attack. I am not amused
I've always been on bentyl and citrucel (as well as other meds for other problems). Now I am acidophilus and Allign, but still having problems.The biggest problem right now is I need my rest, but my bladder won't let me sleep. I could stop drinking for several hours and my bladder decides I have to pee. A friend I have who has Crohn's says she has a similar problem. If I don't get any sleep or very little sleep my symptoms feel worse. Do you have any advice for this?I had to cancel several appointments I made with friends and family. It's not embarrassing per se, but really stressful when they think you are doing it on purpose and you aren't.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts