Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,I have been an IBS- D/C/P sufferer for a long time. This all sounds so hard to talk about and I'm a nurse!!!! I dealt with my share of patients with bowel troubles,but I never thought I'd be one of them. I just had my gallbladder out ### 13 days ago for stones. I'm having a hard time understanding what direction to go here.Since I'm not primarily D or C, it's hard to tell whether to do fiber or not. Just a nutrigrain bar and milk in the morning, then lunch (like today I had a cheesburger with pickle and onion) and it the P, cramping and gas hit about an hour after I ate lunch and the explosive D hit! I feel so out of balance. I am trying to lose weight but it seems that fiber (raw veggies, dried beans, broccoli, etc) keep me in the bathroom and miserable. I am seeing you all are having lots of success with what you're doing. I read in an earlier posting about Caltrate.The Ezekial bread seems rather popular. What kind of advice do you all have? I'm tired of hurting and being miserable! My doc tells me "high fiber" diet,Levsin (2x/day) and Acidphex for the heartburn and chest discomfort.I also am on Celexa and Wellbutrin for anxiety/depression. I was hoping that having my gallbladder out would take care of some of this problem but"it's back!!!!!!!!" Any advice would be appreciated!Thanks,janie39

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Same thing for me after gallbladder, but about six months after my D turned to C. I eat the Ezekiel Bread and it has made me normal. Here is the list of ingredients in case you want to try it:Nutrition Facts per Slice:Calories: 80Calories from Fat: 5Total Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 0gSodium: 75mgPotassium: 80mgTotal Carbohydrates: 15gDietary Fiber: 3gSugars: 0gProtein: 4gThiamine: 8%Phosphorus: 8%Riboflavin: 2%Magnesium: 6% - That could be the key ingrediant.Iron: 4%Niacin: 6%Zinc: 4%Vitamin B6: 4%Actual Ingredients: Organic Sprouted Wheat, Organic Sprouted Barley, Organic Sprouted Millet, Malted Barley, Organic Sprouted Lentils, Organic Sprouted Soybeans, Organic Spouted Spelt, Filtered Water, Fresh Yeast, and Sea Salt.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
D became my reality AFTER my gall bladder came out
The calcium has worked great for me - the daily D has gone down to about once every few weeks. I haven't tried the Ezekiel bread because the Caltrate is working, but I notice that when I eat these multi grain breads on the market, I feel even better. So I eat a couple of slices in the morning. I also carry Imodium AD around just in case.

·
Registered
880 Posts
My D was super bad for about 6 months following my gallbladder surgery. I don't think I even attempted a cheeseburger for at least a year! The only thing that saved me was a really low fat diet. I loved the cookbook "Live Don't DIEt" by Vicki Parks... lots of great low fat recipes for casseroles, pasta, hamburg, etc. It is also a great cookbook for losing weight, as well as a post-gallbladder savior. (NO, I don't sell the cookbooks or stand to gain anything if someone uses one!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts