Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
So I went to see some renowned Naturalist who seems to know what she is doing more so then any one I have talked to. She immediately called up the lab that did alot of my tests and got them to fax her the results right there on the spot. She was most focused on my Celiac tests (which both came back negative). She said that my Globulin levels were deficiant and that the results of the celiac were worthless because of this? She explained it all to me (very complicated) and I guess what I got from it was that these low levels leave your intestines susceptable to infections and bad things getting in there etc. Has anyone else heard or know anything about this? I think it has to do with Low IGA serum?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I would go back and ask her to try explaining it again for you and if there is anything you should be doing about it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would go back and ask her to try explaining it again for you and if there is anything you should be doing about it.
Hmm...not exactly what I was asking.She did give me some supplements to take and some new tests as well but I was asking if anyone else had heard of such a thing?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Sorry I didn't answer your question. The terms used sound vaguely familiar. You can look these things up on the net to find out more about them.All the best

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
No idea what a naturalist (naturopath?) uses for the test or how they determine it (naturopathic diagnostics aren't always the same ones as scientific)But other than genetic diseases like this http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_signific..._serum_globulin I really don't know what she meant because they don't always use the same terms in the same ways or with the same tests.Have you always had a lot more infections that other people you know (every cold becomes a sinus infection or you get food poisoning when no one else does, that sort of thing?)The article does mention celiac disease so it might be what she meant.

·
Registered
224 Posts
No idea what a naturalist (naturopath?) uses for the test or how they determine it (naturopathic diagnostics aren't always the same ones as scientific)But other than genetic diseases like this http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_signific..._serum_globulin I really don't know what she meant because they don't always use the same terms in the same ways or with the same tests.Have you always had a lot more infections that other people you know (every cold becomes a sinus infection or you get food poisoning when no one else does, that sort of thing?)The article does mention celiac disease so it might be what she meant.
Thanks Kathleen for an informative reply
She gave me 3 supplements to take: Colostrum, a Digestive Enzyme and some type of Paleo Meal powder to drink.There is tons of information about Globulin, IGA serum deficiency etc. But its really complicated stuff and not easy to sort through which is why I asked if anyone on here had heard of it.From what I gather it has to do with the Immune system's protective shield and that low or deficient levels can lead to infections, disease's, etc. Which I'm sure is why she gave me these supplements. Makes sense to me, seems like a avenue worth persuing since some bowel disease's are related to the immune system. Atleast she is looking into my tests and trying to find things that could be wrong instead of just saying "We don't know whats wrong, its just IBS, deal with it".No, I have never been very susceptable to infections or colds, always very healthy all my life until this IBS.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Yes, I do know how to use Google thanks.
Wow... Well I certainly won't bother next time.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wow... Well I certainly won't bother next time.
Thats fine with me.I'm not incompitent, I always do a search on a subject matter before I bother to post about it. I even did a search of this forum which came back with nothing. I posted the question on here because I thought there was a good number of experts on the subject of IBS who follow and post in these forums, seeing that it is a pretty specific thing I asked about. There is a vast amount of information on the net regarding this subject that seems to be very complicated and technical that I thought someone on here might understand as it pertains to the immune system which is known to be involved in Bowel Disease's. I apologize if I was wrong. I found your reply to go do a internet search as quite rude and not very knowledgeable at all. I would think that maybe someone with more knowledge in all aspects of IBS might serve the forum better as "moderator"?Oh well, guess I won't bother asking any specific questions in the future seeing as it bothers you.BTW, you don't have to answer a posters question if you don't know the answer.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I posted the question on here because I thought there was a good number of experts on the subject of IBS who follow and post in these forums, seeing that it is a pretty specific thing I asked about.
See.. that's where you are mistaken.. it is just as my sig states.. a group of folks seeking support.. no experts.
I found your reply to go do a internet search as quite rude and not very knowledgeable at all.
I do not know why you found it that way. It wasn't meant that way. I meant exactly what I typed and no more.This is an IBS support group. If you need help deciphering test results.. the best advice I can give you is to ask your practioner.. who IS knowledgable.
I would think that maybe someone with more knowledge in all aspects of IBS might serve the forum better as "moderator"?
If you have suggestions for Moderator criteria, please feel free to contact Jeffrey Roberts, as he makes those decisions.
Oh well, guess I won't bother asking any specific questions in the future seeing as it bothers you.
No... questions do not bother me.... even specific ones.. if they are regarding IBS & support.
BTW, you don't have to answer a posters question if you don't know the answer.
If you would like to make Moderator behavior suggestions... please feel free to contact Jeffrey Roberts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts