Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know L-Glutamine has been discussed on and off in the forum for a while. The other day I just happened to see the article someone posted on L-Glutamine and someone else praised it as "the cure". Of course I am sure as usual it is the cure for some, and not for others, and with my luck not me. But curious, (1) are there are large number of people just being able to use L-Glutamine supplementation and nothing else and doing well and (2) has any one taken this supplement for a while and found themselves cured and able to stop?Also, from what I read, I got the impression L-Glutamine helps with the small intestine, not the colon. Is that right? Or is Glutamine necessary across the intestinal system?

·
Registered
311 Posts
i am taking it right now & have been for a few weeks.............it does make me feel better...........what most of u don't seem to know, is that it works in conjunction with other amino acids..........l-tyrosine & n-acetyl cystine.............it part of a chain of them............if u r only taking the glutamine, then u can only complete part of the chain & then things stop working............glycine is also good with them..........

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting about the interaction. I find it troubling that in the materials I have seen, there is no consistency regarding how to take L-Glutamine. Some suggest single dosages, while others suggest multiple dosages throughout the day.And most if not all indicate anything about taking it together with other amino acids.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.