Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Always check with your doctor about your own situation. It didn't help me. But, I know of someone who has diarrhea type ibs and uses it successfully for that. However, in their case, they previously had part of colon removed and > 65, so they may just not be producing enough glutamine on their own due to surgery/normal aging process. Two books I read, Optimal Digestion (nichols) and Digestive Wellness (Lipski) both discuss use of l-glutamine.

G

·
I have been using Glutamine about 4 weeks and so far have not noticed any difference. No side effects. I had a bowel resection in March of 2002.char

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been using glutamine for a week or so. My BMs are definitely less wet and less frequent. I have IBS-D after having had a full colectomy. Hopefully the improvement will be lasting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been using zinc and vitamin D for a few months. This seems to be working well so far. I was told I needed surgery a few months ago but the problem is getting better. No surgery. The supplements seem to work better if you don't use them every day. A few times a week seems to work best. Would like to let everyone know the dose but is would be best to look up the RDI (USDA web site). I also seem to do better when I avoid sweets and milk. I'm not diabetic and I'm not lactose intolerant. Donuts, pizza and beer put me in the hospital earlier this year. Doctor can't say why. Celiac test negative. Wishing everyone well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've been using zinc and vitamin D for a few months. This seems to be working well so far. I was told I needed surgery a few months ago but the problem is getting better. No surgery. The supplements seem to work better if you don't use them every day. A few times a week seems to work best. Would like to let everyone know the dose but is would be best to look up the RDI (USDA web site). I also seem to do better when I avoid sweets and milk. I'm not diabetic and I'm not lactose intolerant. Donuts, pizza and beer put me in the hospital earlier this year. Doctor can't say why. Celiac test negative. Wishing everyone well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Greg,My celiac test also showed negative but as soon as I eat wheat my eyes are red and watery. Digestion is worse. This test is not accurate. I stick with no wheat diet and take Wheat Release enzymes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.