Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After visiting my Dr. yesterday & reviewingmy diet..He informed me I'm eating way to much wheat & it may be causing some of my digestive problems..I've been eating whole-wheat bread now everyday for the last 40 years..Could anyone Please recommend any wheat-less Breads/Hot Cereals that has helped and that is very SOFT(I've been having swallowing problems for several months & can only eat Soft Foods)!Thanks!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Are you sensitive to yeast? Yeast sensitivity can result in gas problems. Sometimes if you go the wheat - free route, and do not get results, it may be because it is also the yeast that is bothering you. You will have to do some experimenting. There are allergy cookbooks that do have some recipes for wheat-free, yeast- free bread made with other flours. Visit a health food store's refrig. section (not GNC which mainly handles supplements). You will be amazed at the products available BUT if you find that yeast is your problem then I would make my own bread. Even though the ingredients may say no yeast added, it will probably be risen with wild yeast from the air. Redfern

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.