Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am going away on sunday to visit my girlfriend in Turkey which I should be really looking forward to, the last week or so my stomach has gone through the mill and I am terrified I will feel unwell for the trip on sunday. I suffer mainly IBS D but for some reason and this is quite uncommon I do not have diahorea I usually have to go straight after my breakfast it is common to go about five times in the morning but the last few days I have not needed to go till the evening. I eat a good diet and drink water but my stomach is feeling so bloated and it hurts so much. I went to see my g.p. yesterday and as usual it is a complete waste of time, I am thinking of my trip in two minds one hand I am thinking I have to go to visit her and see her and the other side I just hope my stomach holds up I really do.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I can relate to this. Tomorrow we'll be going out of town for my sister's wedding and I am the Matron of Honor.My IBS is acting up a little, but I'm hoping it's better tomorrow.Be sure to eat lightly today and during the trip. Also since you'll have extra clothes with you, that should ease your mind if you should have any problems.I hope you have a wonderful time visiting with your girlfriend.Let us know how it goes.Jeanne

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeanne, My worst fear is that I will be ill with my IBS while I am there spoiling her holiday also, I am just going to attempt the trip and if I am feeling bad then I will try not to show it too much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.