Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,Am I obsessed if I really want to go everyday? If i don't go good or miss a day I feel like ####.I take zelnorm , mag, fiber, reglan,and bentyl. Also beer really gets things out.I read all the time some people go long periods of time with out going- I would freak out! Could someone give me some advice?

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Me too.I can't handle C at all.Maybe we have leaky gut syndrom.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I miss going for 36 hours, I will be in trouble!, and have difficulty, much pain, and hemrhoids or worse trying to get those hard lumps out. Taking fruit & veggies, plenty of water & coffee, and a beer every day lets me go once or twice every day, and if I don't go at least once in 24 hours, a small enema will make a movement easy and almost pleasurable.

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
I used to be like that too. But now that I don't have fructose I suffer from constipation. I have been watching myself and I do go atleast every three days if I don't have fructose. So I know if I wait for it it is going to happen. So I don't panic if I don't go every day. That said I still wish I could go every day and am trying to make it happen without fructose. I don't have the added stress of panic and without fructose there is no gas, but I am thinking of trying things like flax seed and citrucel.

·
Registered
169 Posts
When I was in high school my regular bowel movements were every 4 days. I didn't go often, but when I did.....I DID! As I got older is when the IBS started. You aren't alone with being obsessed with your bowel movements. I am very aware when I miss a day. Lately I have started not going everyday and it really bothers me. I think my Zelnorm is starting to not work as well. Either way, you're not alone!! Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Now I have IBS-D but sometimes with the liquid diarrhea I fear that I have over medicated myself if I dont have a bowel movement the next day so, then I tell my self to skip a dose of meds so I dont have a problem with c. And I end up getting diarrhea again. It was a vicious circle. I found that if I try not to worry it works out...Good luck

·
Registered
100 Posts
Like Tiss says join the Obsessive Bowel Club. I am the same way. It is the first thing I think about when I get up.I can't think about anything else until I go and if I can go and how much pretty much sets my mood for the whole day. So really you are not alone on this.

·
Registered
830 Posts
OBC - obsessive bowel (or Bathroom) club! ha ha! very good. i'm a full fledged member, thanks very much. - When my man and i travel, i travel with: my supps, prep h creme, fingercots, handheld shower attachment, a stool or box to put under my feet because american toilets are built for giants, etc etc. Talk about obsessive! i need three hours before i can leave the house in the morning...or more!

G

·
Oh bless - me too. About to go to a fabbo wedding - my favourite cousin tying the knot for the first time at 43 - all the family, little sis from Ireland who we only see about 2 times a year and her adorable boys - so excited but also dwelling on the "bog" arrangements. Thank god for an understanding hubby and thank god reception is in the hotel we are staying in. Have to have a sense of humour here don't we.Can we issue OBC badges (what would they have on them - I shudder to think!!).Yours obsessivelySue, Manchester

·
Registered
9,141 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I'm getting ready to go to California next week on vacation and you can bet that the 1st things on my list to pack is my bowel pharmacy! My hub already knows I'm worried about "not going while on vacation". Geez!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all who have replied. I wish we could all be "normal" bathroom goers but were not so I guess we just gotta accept it and go on.It does help knowing I'm not alone.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I am IBSd / C, adn therefore never happy, When I have the D, i wish I was C,, and then when I am C (Like this week - last BM was on Friday past) I wish for "D" If only I could regulate it but instead I plan my activities around my situation. One day without a BM = Great, 2 days=OK, 3 days=Start of stress, 4+ days= Pain, bloating, frustration, crappy mood etc ,,, and then of course the big blow out happens at the most in opportune times. Like you all, when planning a trip, I list all the bowel ingredients I need while my wife lists her clothes (and a big dose of understanding). Well, gotto go I have a cramp !!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I am definately obsessive about going every day.I get anxiety and so uncomfortable if i don't go.I started taking phillips magnesium caplets with my daily fiber and that has helped me to go everyday.The problem is,it makes me a little to loose.I cut back,and i can't go again.There is no happy medium.I am definately in the OBC

·
Registered
19 Posts
Im abit obsessive too.. I fond that day two of no BM im a cranky, very much in pain and nauseas person.I also find that its worse if I stress over it so I try not to stress.Saying this though, I never go past 2 days without a BM...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am having bowel retraining but it isn't working well. I can't pass much at all and then of course by midday I feel pressure, constipation, etc. My GI doc thinks it's "all in my head" but it isn't...if I do an enema at night you wouldn't believe how much #### comes out!! I don't understand why my body won't release it. I'm supposedly relaxing the pelvic floor muscles and pushing correctly. And when they say "you don't need to go every day"...well, that's a load of #### too...I DO need to go every day...always have. Everyone's different but I feel like this problem will never be resolved. I'm supposed to be weaned off of enemas but so far no luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
dude im so the next member for the OBC its my calling. I also worry about my BM if i dont go thats all i think about my mum gets sick of hearing it i think she will hit me if she hears about this again. But seriously i dont like to go out if i havent gone to the toliet first thing in the morning or the night before, and i do get a little moody.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
how does beer help? well all i know is that when I have a couple while making dinner I have a huge poop- of course I take fiber, magnesium, reglan, bentyl too but I still am incomplete- beer poops are great however I am having issues about what my church would say about that.Anyone else found this to help them?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.