Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
What's your biofeedback for? Pain management? Pelvic floor dysfunction?

·
Registered
846 Posts
kWhat's a transit test? Where you swallow the markers and aren't allowed laxatives?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Leanne/Andre: How many days do you go back for the xrays? Don't you have pain with constipation? I am in such pain flux says I don't have IBS I have something worse.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joan, I have terrible pain. I've had problems with C since the age of 8. I'm now 23 and the pain has been unbearable for the last 3 years.I took the first set of markers on Wednesday, the second set on Thursday, and the third set on Friday and had my X-ray on Monday.The x-ray, showed gas and slow transit.I've been told to reduce fibre intake and increase my fluids and stay off laxitives as much as possible(which is good cause I'll only take them every 3 weeks or so)oh and I have a daily 10 minute exercise to do to. I go back in 4 weeks for my next appointment.Leanne

·
Registered
846 Posts
Leanne, if you stopped all fiber and laxatives to take the test, how the h*ll did you have a BM? Did you use suppositories? Feel no urge? I have horrible, horrible urges every morning which can't be satisfied with a bm. I have incomplete evacuation (stool gets stuck in my rectum) & I have to use suppositories to get it out. Please reply, Joan

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joan,I've got used to not going for weeks and weeks at a time.When you go for a transit test you can't use suppositories either.I have the same problem I have a urge to go but can't and it feels like something has got stuck.The doctor also told me that my sphinter(sp) doesn't work wekk and that's way it's hard to get anything out.... well something to that description. She has given me exercises to do for 10 minutes each day that are suppose to help.Leanne

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.