Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
diet plans help to guide and inspire but theres nothing like instinct so listen to that- when i eliminated milk and wheat and my son was stil bad i instinctively knew that potatoes and pasta would ahve to go too but at the time it was too exreme and i couldnt get my head around it- now weve cut them out i know its the right thing to d every time he had a plate full of lasagne or chips or potatoes and then he was off to the loo all night i instinctively knew this was wrong thing to eat- despite the vfact that for most people its entirely normali also knew orange juice made from concentrate was wrong too but we still did it- evefry day until i found elaines diet and people like,these can tell you why and consolidate what you already felt-the only thing im thinking now is whether to rigidly follow elaines diet or cheat to make it realistic- otherwise i fear i am going to have a huingry 14 year okld- and i mkean cheat in the fact that im sure some celeac recipes and some gluten free products wont mess up the regime too muchwhat do others think? fanatical approach? or the creative one- bearing in mind though pasta and potatoes have to go- if onloy because if you have them once a week this soojn turns into three times and before you know it you are dependant againsorry about typing i have to cut my nails off so i can type better- whcih is quite depressing as they are getting quite long and quite nicegood luck to all on quest for happy stomachs

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I think individualizing any diet is important.No one diet works perfect for everyone, but can be used as a guideline to help you figure out what does work for you.If nothing else you have to adapt it to the foods you will eat and can enjoy for the long term. A diet you cannot stand is a diet you will not stick with.If diet plan A says you can eat something and it bothers you, don't eat it.If the diet plan limits something you know is very safe for you, then you probably can still include it (although I would do an avoid then reintroduce after a few weeks).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts