Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent felt well for a month now. Lots of urgency, inconsistant bowel movements, stomach aches, nausea, etc. Im going away for 5 days and im a bit nervous about my stomach. Its going to be a fun weekend, but there will be lots of walking, drinking, eating, and lots of time away from bathrooms. Not sure if i should put myself on a pepto and imodeum schedule just for the piece of mind. I hate to live on them, but i dont want my vacation ruined by it. Im hoping the R&R helps my stomach rather than sent it into renzy. Any helpful tips?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd rely on Imodium. I've got a 24 hour flight ahead of me in a month's time, and I'm not going to take any chances. I'm going to increase my daily dose of Imodium from about 24 hours before the flight (ie, before the diarrhoea gets going), and then keep taking it during the flight, right up to the maximum daily dose if necessary. I don't see the harm in doing this on occasion as you say, purely for peace of mind.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.