Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm going to a Wedding on Friday but having to set off on Thursday as it is 10+ Hours drive away but I have been very unwell recently with fluctuating D+C.I'm very apprehensive about it, does anyone know what I should do? I have toyed with the idea of cancelling but I really should try and go I'm just very scared about my bowels letting me down.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I think if it were me, I'd probably take some Immodium before the trip, and just eat really lightly the day before and the day of the drive... Also, if you are feeling especially apprehensive about it, I would wear an adult undergarment. I use them when I'm feeling nervous about going somewhere, and just knowing that I am protected *REALLY* helps to calm me down. And, so far (knock-on-wood
), I've never actually had an accident. I know not everyone here wears the undergarments, and some might think it's kinda silly, but after being cooped up in my home for a year with D and anxiety, I'm just happy to be OUT again!! And I'm not ashamed that I'm still in diapers at 28, Hahahah
!! If it helps me to get on with my life, then I think that's definitely a good thing
Take care, and I hope you have a WONDERFUL trip!! Let us know how it goes!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I think if it were me, I'd probably take some Immodium before the trip, and just eat really lightly the day before and the day of the drive... Also, if you are feeling especially apprehensive about it, I would wear an adult undergarment. I use them when I'm feeling nervous about going somewhere, and just knowing that I am protected *REALLY* helps to calm me down. And, so far (knock-on-wood
), I've never actually had an accident. I know not everyone here wears the undergarments, and some might think it's kinda silly, but after being cooped up in my home for a year with D and anxiety, I'm just happy to be OUT again!! And I'm not ashamed that I'm still in diapers at 28, Hahahah
!! If it helps me to get on with my life, then I think that's definitely a good thing
Take care, and I hope you have a WONDERFUL trip!! Let us know how it goes!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply and suggestions but unfortunately I have been advised (against my wishes) not to travel so it's all been a pointless exercise.but your advise will be used in the future I have no doubt.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply and suggestions but unfortunately I have been advised (against my wishes) not to travel so it's all been a pointless exercise.but your advise will be used in the future I have no doubt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.