Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved to Houston and was wondering if anyone knew a good doctor to see in Houston. My health care allows me to only see GI's through PCP referrals, so I want someone who could possibly know someone good. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Hi, welcome. In general, a pretty good system of doctors to check out, IMHO, is Memorial-Hermann, with offices all over the city (not just the yucky Med Center area). Our PCP is Dr. Albers on Dairy Ashford (west Houston). I've only worked with his PA, whom I like quite a bit, and my husband and parents and friends have seen the doctor. On the other side of town (on Sunset near Rice U.) is my other "PCP": Dr. Lenz, who is a well-respected internist. FYI, my gastro., who is good and whom I like, is Dr. Herman (on Frostwood). If you want a "top" gastro, have you new PCP refer you to a Baylor gastro.[This message has been edited by HipJan (edited 10-11-2001).]

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Hi, welcome. In general, a pretty good system of doctors to check out, IMHO, is Memorial-Hermann, with offices all over the city (not just the yucky Med Center area). Our PCP is Dr. Albers on Dairy Ashford (west Houston). I've only worked with his PA, whom I like quite a bit, and my husband and parents and friends have seen the doctor. On the other side of town (on Sunset near Rice U.) is my other "PCP": Dr. Lenz, who is a well-respected internist. FYI, my gastro., who is good and whom I like, is Dr. Herman (on Frostwood). If you want a "top" gastro, have you new PCP refer you to a Baylor gastro.[This message has been edited by HipJan (edited 10-11-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts