Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi EverybodyI just got the results from the HIDA SCAN w/CCK.The good news is that I will NOT need a gallbladder surgery soon. The bad news is....what the heck is the pain in the upper part of my stomach. I sometimes wonder if the stomach muscle doesn't tighten and then just refuse to relax for 3 days or 2 months. Has this ever happened to anyone. I can certainly put up with irritable bowels but the pain (the tightening pain) above the stomach is what is doing me in.Any comments

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was having alot of trouble with the upper part of my stomach a few years ago. They keep thinking it was my gallbladder & the only test they were doing was ultrasounds.Which showed no stones. So I went to a internal medicine doctor and she did some kind of test. I can't remember what it was called,but come to find out my gallbledder was only functioning 19% and when they took it out there WAS a stone in there.
But im still have real bad pain in that area from time to time and don't know what to take to at least get the edge off.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was having alot of trouble with the upper part of my stomach a few years ago. They keep thinking it was my gallbladder & the only test they were doing was ultrasounds.Which showed no stones. So I went to a internal medicine doctor and she did some kind of test. I can't remember what it was called,but come to find out my gallbledder was only functioning 19% and when they took it out there WAS a stone in there.
But im still have real bad pain in that area from time to time and don't know what to take to at least get the edge off.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I get really bad pain just between and below my ribs (if that makes sense). I have no idea what it is, and neither do my doctors (I wonder if they really believe its there?!?). Also, I don't know what to take to stop it... but I'm seeing a new doctor now, if I get any answers I'll let you know.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I get really bad pain just between and below my ribs (if that makes sense). I have no idea what it is, and neither do my doctors (I wonder if they really believe its there?!?). Also, I don't know what to take to stop it... but I'm seeing a new doctor now, if I get any answers I'll let you know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for answeringThe HIDA SCAN w/CCK (the best procedure to see how the gallbladder if functioning or not functioning) was at a 45%. Anything under a 35% is suppose to be bad.The pain is mystifying to me and to the doctors. It feels like my stomach is contracted and just stays that way until it decides to release itself. When it finally relaxes I can use the bathroom normally. What is so baffeling to me is:What bring it on and most important: When it is so tight that I can't stand the pain how do I stop it? I am taking pain pills right now to be able to hold this job. Two years ago I had to give up a job that I loved because I couldn't deal with the stress of the job with this much pain. This job is much less stressful but when the pain comes (and stays for however long it feels like it) I wouldn't be able to work unless I took something to reduce the pain. It feels like my stomach is in a knot and won't let loose.Any comments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for answeringThe HIDA SCAN w/CCK (the best procedure to see how the gallbladder if functioning or not functioning) was at a 45%. Anything under a 35% is suppose to be bad.The pain is mystifying to me and to the doctors. It feels like my stomach is contracted and just stays that way until it decides to release itself. When it finally relaxes I can use the bathroom normally. What is so baffeling to me is:What bring it on and most important: When it is so tight that I can't stand the pain how do I stop it? I am taking pain pills right now to be able to hold this job. Two years ago I had to give up a job that I loved because I couldn't deal with the stress of the job with this much pain. This job is much less stressful but when the pain comes (and stays for however long it feels like it) I wouldn't be able to work unless I took something to reduce the pain. It feels like my stomach is in a knot and won't let loose.Any comments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.