Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys. I am having very good results with a small cocktail that I am taking. I wanted to share it with you - if it works for me it may work for you.Quick synopsis of my symptoms in order of severity for background:1. Urgency2. Incomplete Evacuation/Multiple trip to the throne3. DiarrheaWhat has been working REALLY WELL for me, also in order of effectiveness (no way to prove the order, just my feeling.1. 10mg of Lexapro (that is a very small dose)2. IBSacol. I was a bit skeptical but it does seem to work. I only take two caps a day which is less then they recommend.3. Calcium Carbonate, 800mg. This is in the form of Tum's Ultra which is a chewable but does not contain magnesium stearate. I don't like taking the big horse pills of the non-chewable brands.So, this has been working for just over a month. Only one urgent episode in that time and most of the time stool is normally formed. FYI, I have had success with Celexa (sister to Lexapro) and Align in the past but after awhile they didn't help, even after upping the dose. That could happen to me again but I am hopeful this cocktail will continue to be effective. For those of you that have tried everything else but haven't tried an SSRI like Lexapro, I'd start there.Any questions, ask away.-John

·
Registered
510 Posts
That sounds exactly the same as I was doing a few years ago. It worked for me too, but I got tired of using IBSacol (ordering, etc.). Now I just do fiber and calcium. That's working pretty well too. My symptoms were exactly the same as yours. I think we all have to play around with different things till we find something that works! Does it take you very long to receive your IBSacol when you place an order?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd say less than two weeks. I order two bottles at a time so it lasts a while. I'm glad you're doing well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts