Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family gave me an XBOX for my birthday(at my request),along with the game HALO. It is so much fun, it takes me out of myself, and I forget about things for a while. I have a Game Boy that often helps inthe same way, it's especially good when you are out, say in a doc's waiting room. It really takes the edge off the wait. Anyway, I was reading recently how video games can be great therapy for people with chronic pin and or illness. They are even used sometimes in biofeedback treatments. If you've never considered it before, it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Kazzy Thanks for the suggestion! I find that distraction is a good tool to help me manage my symptoms too.
BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Kazzy Thanks for the suggestion! I find that distraction is a good tool to help me manage my symptoms too.
BQ

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I play card games on my computer. Believe me, it takes my mind off of other things. Like getting things I should be doing.I agree one needs something to take the edge off while sitting in a waiting room. Ever try to read a book while sitting in a waiting room? Don't work for me

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I play card games on my computer. Believe me, it takes my mind off of other things. Like getting things I should be doing.I agree one needs something to take the edge off while sitting in a waiting room. Ever try to read a book while sitting in a waiting room? Don't work for me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts