Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they changed the old digestrin from one bottle to a 3 step program...the ingredients arnt on their site so i emailed them and they sent me this.What’s in Digestrin Part A?Common Name Scientific Name (name on label) Mucuna Pruriens St. John's Wort Ginkgo Leaf Echinaccea Purpurea Tops Bromelain Garlic Bulb Ginger Root Ginseng Root Mate Meadowsweet Valerian Root Mucuna Pruriens Hypericum Perforatum Ginkgo Biloba Echinacea Purpurea Ananas Comosus Allium Sativum Zingiber Officinale Panax Ginseng Llex Paraguariensis Filipendula Ulmaria Valeriana Officianalis Ø What’s in Digestrin Part B?Common Name Scientific Name (name on label) Flax Seed Psyllium Seed Chamomile Flower Echinaccea Purpurea Tops Bromelain Garlic Bulb Ginger Root Ginkgo Leaf Ginseng Root Mate Meadowsweet St. John's Wort Valerian Root Linum Usitatissimum Plantago Ispagula Matricaria Recutita Echinacea Purpurea Ananas Comosus Allium Sativum Zingiber Officinale Ginkgo Biloba Panax Ginseng Llex Paraguariensis Filipendula Ulmaria Hypericum Perforatum Valeriana Officianalis Ø What’s in Digestrin Part C? Water Infused With: Common Name Scientific Name (name on label) Baking Soda Bromelain Aloe Sodium Bicarbonate Ananas Comosus Aloe Barbadensis only thing i thought was weird was that the first 2 steps/bottles have mostly the same stuff in them...as cheesy as the site is (http://www.digestrin.com) i think their product is pretty quality...i liked it and i plan on ordering more but what do most of you think of these ingredients?)

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Aloe can be a stimulatory laxative so you may need to be careful with #3.Not sure why some of these herbs are there for digestive disorders (or if any are at a quantity where they do the thing they are known for) but you probably need to stop taking them 2-3 weeks before any surgery as some are on the list of blood thinning herbs and you should wear sun block because one of them (if not more of them...the st. john's wort, specifically) can make you more sensitive to the sun when you take a full dose of it.Valarian might make you drowsy. Are you supposed to take it at night?The baking soda may be bad for people who need to limit sodium intake.Part B has fiber in it and some IBSers do better with more fiber and others do not.K.

·
Registered
482 Posts
like kath said be wary of st johns wort by sister in law got badly burnt in the sun on a cool british day... also it affects other meds and contraceptives like the pill... ask your doctor before considering
ananas? thats latin for pineapple, i think dont quoite me thats off the top of my head that has a an enzyme in for good digestion in but best found in the fruit by a small can in natural juices.... bromelain again its been awhile since i read this so my spelling may be a bit offechinacea purpurea thats the purple coneflower meant to be immuneenhancing

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know that most of their ingredients are more for your brain and to calm you down and calm your nerves...since any pain or sadness or anxiety you feel is because of your brain and what not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.