Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Many times when I'm doing my thing on the throne (the big D) I have two things going on. 1) When bearing down I get a moderate sharp pain in my lower left abdomen that kind of wraps around the left side just above the left hip -- but only when I'm bearing down hard. 2) The second question which is related to number 1, is that sometimes after an initial D blow-out and then a few minor ones after that while still sitting on the John, I still feel cramping and have the feeling I have not totally evacuated the bowels but yet I will strain to get movement going but I don't produce anything else. It's almost like I have a major D experience then it goes into constipation -- or at least that's how it feels.Anyone had this happen to them before?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Mixed up signals is common in IBS. I think Incomplete Evacuation covers some of your experience. (sometimes there is more to come out and people do several BM's in a row but often the sensation you still need to go continues after a BM even if you really don't have more stool to pass).IBS is a painful condition, and there really isn't one pain description that means that one pain of all the hundreds of different pain experiences is the one and only one that can't be IBS.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ive had it happen several times its part of ibs.I also start getting really hot and burning up when i have and episode than have the chills after itdoen't seem to be any way to change those things thats just how it happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.