Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After going through a somewhat OK time for a while, today I got the most awful bout of pain, cramps, and big time diarreha(about 15 times within 4-5 hours that I can ever remember. The only time that was close was about 2 yrs ago and the dr thought it was food poisoning.( I did not). I have had all the tests and all they up with was the "Its Bull S***" syndrome!! I just know this has to be something worse than IBS >I took 6 Imodium, 3 kaopectate, 1 Xaxax and it did not even touch it. I went and went til I felt dehyraded, I have been drinking fluids all day. I could not even get out to do errands and being a widow , I have to do it all myself. What is really pissing me off is , I am about to get a yellow lab puppy next month , I have always wanted one and this will probably be my last chance , I am 61 and if that dog lives 10-12 yrs I will be too old for a dog that size... or maybe I will die before the dog!!!How can I take care of a poor pup when I cannot even take care of myself. My beloved pet that I had to put down in March because of cancer ( he was 13) just knew that I was sick and he would lay by my side all day , some times days and not complain as long as I could crawl to the door to leave him out and get his food and water.....but this is not so with a pup!! This rotten evil disease takes all the pleasure out of my life , I cannot even think of getting a dog to keep me company. I have no one else, famliy dead and so is my husband. I hate what this disease is doing to me it is making me feel like I donot deserve anything in life ,, just go sit on a toliet til I die. If I could find a dr, I will get these guts ripped out of me in a New York min. I need a pill to really paralyze these rotten intestines , so that I will only go once or twice aweek, that is how much I hate going to the bathroom. My drs will not give me any pills with a narcotic, allthe ones here are running scared from the ins. companies, while I sit and suffer. Sorry to be so long winded, but this is the worst I have been, mentally and physically.

·
Registered
125 Posts
firstly, relax.You should be happy and excited about your new pet. I have a dog too and I know all the pleasures, affection, and warmth they add to your life. Instead of thinking about all the "bad" things that might happen with your new pet or thinking about what you "can't" do, you should be thinking about and anticipating all the the things you can do. It's all about your attitude...you have the power to change it.As for your IBS lately, I do feel your pain. If your going 15 times a day your doc should try to help some more. Perhaps an anti-depressant may help you as it seems your mind is very negative (don't worry, i'm on 100 mg of amitriptyline and it helps IBS and it doesn't change your mood or behaviour, so don't worry).You need relief, trust me I know. Go out and buy "Man's Search For Meaning" by Viktor Frankl. It's about 150 pages, but it'll change your life.driz

·
Registered
125 Posts
firstly, relax.You should be happy and excited about your new pet. I have a dog too and I know all the pleasures, affection, and warmth they add to your life. Instead of thinking about all the "bad" things that might happen with your new pet or thinking about what you "can't" do, you should be thinking about and anticipating all the the things you can do. It's all about your attitude...you have the power to change it.As for your IBS lately, I do feel your pain. If your going 15 times a day your doc should try to help some more. Perhaps an anti-depressant may help you as it seems your mind is very negative (don't worry, i'm on 100 mg of amitriptyline and it helps IBS and it doesn't change your mood or behaviour, so don't worry).You need relief, trust me I know. Go out and buy "Man's Search For Meaning" by Viktor Frankl. It's about 150 pages, but it'll change your life.driz

·
Registered
194 Posts
Knothappy, Sorry you had such a bad day. You have to remember it's just a bad time and you will get better. I always do the same thing during a bad flare and feel so helpless and alone and think it will never end.We are here for you to vent to. Unfortunately there isn't anything more than support I can give you, but you have all my support and understanding :love: Hope you are feeling better now. There is a bug going around and sometimes we get sick like normal people and just have to ride it out.(((Big Hugs))) :love: Joyce :love:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Knothappy, Sorry you had such a bad day. You have to remember it's just a bad time and you will get better. I always do the same thing during a bad flare and feel so helpless and alone and think it will never end.We are here for you to vent to. Unfortunately there isn't anything more than support I can give you, but you have all my support and understanding :love: Hope you are feeling better now. There is a bug going around and sometimes we get sick like normal people and just have to ride it out.(((Big Hugs))) :love: Joyce :love:

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Knothappy,I have posted innumerable times about the effects I have had from Provex CV, a flavonoid supplement that has stopped my D for years, now. There is someone who wanted to try it, but found out that she had a more serious problem than IBS. The bottle is paid for. If you would like to try it, get in touch with me and I will get her to send it to you.My best. Mark

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Knothappy,I have posted innumerable times about the effects I have had from Provex CV, a flavonoid supplement that has stopped my D for years, now. There is someone who wanted to try it, but found out that she had a more serious problem than IBS. The bottle is paid for. If you would like to try it, get in touch with me and I will get her to send it to you.My best. Mark

·
Registered
140 Posts
Knothappy,I really wish there was some magic pill you could take or that I had some profound wisdom to offer. However, as the others have so sympathetically said, this is a bad day for you and as we all know, it probably won't be the last. But, there are so many of us here to care about you and can empathize. I think we've all been there and truly believed we could not tolerate another day of this. It will pass, though..really!!As someone earlier suggested, so much of this is about attitude and the tapes we play over and over again in our heads. It is a scientific fact that you cannot have two thoughts in your head at the same time. (If you doubt this, try raising your right leg and making clockwise motions while at the same time taking your hand and drawing the number 6 at the same time. Can't be done.) Anyway, since you can't have two thoughts, please try to pick a positive over a negative. I know it's really, really hard if you're feeling so alone and desperate, but there's got to be something for which you are grateful or brings you great joy in your life. Maybe even the better memories of those you've loved and lost. Any thought is better than those that defeat you. Perhaps a "higher power" who makes sure you are NEVER alone!!!Just know, we all can sympathize and many of us will be thinking of you today and tomorrow..and some of us will say a prayer.Be encouraged! I KNOW there's no IBS in Heaven!!Best wishes...Godspeed!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Knothappy,I really wish there was some magic pill you could take or that I had some profound wisdom to offer. However, as the others have so sympathetically said, this is a bad day for you and as we all know, it probably won't be the last. But, there are so many of us here to care about you and can empathize. I think we've all been there and truly believed we could not tolerate another day of this. It will pass, though..really!!As someone earlier suggested, so much of this is about attitude and the tapes we play over and over again in our heads. It is a scientific fact that you cannot have two thoughts in your head at the same time. (If you doubt this, try raising your right leg and making clockwise motions while at the same time taking your hand and drawing the number 6 at the same time. Can't be done.) Anyway, since you can't have two thoughts, please try to pick a positive over a negative. I know it's really, really hard if you're feeling so alone and desperate, but there's got to be something for which you are grateful or brings you great joy in your life. Maybe even the better memories of those you've loved and lost. Any thought is better than those that defeat you. Perhaps a "higher power" who makes sure you are NEVER alone!!!Just know, we all can sympathize and many of us will be thinking of you today and tomorrow..and some of us will say a prayer.Be encouraged! I KNOW there's no IBS in Heaven!!Best wishes...Godspeed!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.