Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,you may remember not so long ago - a big thread about Mike's ibs 100 hypnotherapy tapes that eric got and was getting benefits from, well at the weekend I got mine! Thank you Mike!I listened to it last night and the night before, and I must say that i am very excited at the potential of what this can do for me!It is so relaxing and Mike's voice is very theraputic!
The points he brings up in the introduction are very valid and I can now totally see how the brain can affect ibs in such a strong way and - therefore how it can help!
The only problem I have had so far Mike/Eric you may be able to help on this one! I have found the tapes a bit too relaxing and have dozed off into a blissful sleep both times!!!First time I listened intently to the first side introduction, then I got to the bit on the second side where we were just about to start for real and I was scrunching and relaxing all my muscles and then - bang! fast asleep!!! I know you say Mike that I don't even have to listen to your voice as my subconscious will listen for me - but is this really ok!? I woke about 2 hours later my walkman had turned the tape over twice and I was listening to it for the 2nd or 3rd time!! I quickly turned it off and went back to sleep!! The second night I got to about the same point and ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz. My boyfried woke me with a real jump by pulling the headphones out of my ears and he said I looked very cross with him cos I thought I was still mid listen but he said I had been fast asleep for about 20 mins snoring quietly to myself and muttering 'mmm' and 'yes' in agreement with whatever I was listening to!!Is this normal!?! Maybe I shouldn't be listening to it as I go to bed?!?Anyway apart from keep dozing off, I love it, I really think it could help me a lot. I just want to stay awake to actually listen consiously to what is said too!!!
I'll keep you all updated!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
enna,I'm so glad you got the tapes and that they seem to be working for you. Will look forward to updates from you........------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Enna, I am glad you have them and have started them. I know what you mean about falling to sleep as I listen to them at night also, and when I first started them that happened to me as well, but it is okay and you can pick up the next night where you left off, although I recommend, listening to them in full also,I feel they help more that way. I have begun to really notice a difference in my thought patterns by using them, I am not reinforcing the thoughts that this is out of control as much anymore and am slowly learning to get better control over it, which I have never been able to do before, it has helped me more in understanding the IBS as well too, and I look forward to comparing notes with you on this and am glad your first experiences with them went well, I really think it is the most valuable tool I have found so far in helping. I am finding I can call up thoughts on demand of being relaxed more then I have ever been able too. Please keep us posted as well
!------------------ http://webpotential.com/ericibs/index.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Enna2,Firstly I'm pleased you received the program ok. Its really ok that you drift away into slumber, but if you want to expereinment with the listening times do so.I'm pleased Eric caught your posting and has replied too. I'm sure you will enjoy the journey you have embarked upon, many thanks for the post.When we drive with the radio on, we might find that after a lengthy trip, a song on the radio we didin't know when we started the journey, that we know it word for word by the time our journey is over.It wasn't that you were trying to take the song in, it was your subconscious taking it in, and your subconscious takes in information all the time, even when we are asleep, or in the altered state of consciousness.Also pleased that you ageee with me even when asleep
.Best regardsMike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for the messages.I am relieved that you got sent off to sleep in the beginning too eric! And that it doesn't really matter Mike! That makes me feel better. I drifted off again last night! This would be great for insomnia!!!
I don't think I have ever slept so well! However things have been really busy for me lately and I am going to bed really tired and worn out, so it is no wonder really. I will post back in a few days when I have settled down into the routine a bit better, and have some positive results to tell you all! I must say I have noticed already that my outlook is much more positive, I am not waking up each morning thinking about ibs and what it is going to do today - I am thinking about the things I am going to do today. which is much more normal! Ibs doesn't get a thought until I have been awake for at least 5mins!
And even then it is not the negative dreading thoughts I had before - more of a - I wonder how much better i will be today?! Big Improvement for me!
And this is still early days.very good news....

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Enna, I am glad to hear this and please keep us updated as you are the first other then myself to post on your progress. I think Mike has a great thing here for us, and I want to thank him again for making my life better
!I also started a new post with my progress.------------------ http://webpotential.com/ericibs/index.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.