Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And.. yet another test negative. Only thing on the u/s was a cyst on each ovary.So my GI says nothing wrong with me other than my gallbladder and ibs, now my Gyn thinks its referred pain from my gallbladder causing pain when I have sex, it also hurts when I get the pelvic exam and when she pushes down on my bladder area.Is that even POSSIBLE???????No uti, no uterine or bladder abnormalities on the scan. She also mentioned going to see an urologist. Where my pain is, theres no part of the colon there
Sigh.. ibs has been acting up since my last period too and I'm due soon for it again. I hope after this cycle it goes back to normal.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
quote:Originally posted by osaria:And.. yet another test negative. Only thing on the u/s was a cyst on each ovary.So my GI says nothing wrong with me other than my gallbladder and ibs, now my Gyn thinks its referred pain from my gallbladder causing pain when I have sex, it also hurts when I get the pelvic exam and when she pushes down on my bladder area.Is that even POSSIBLE???????No uti, no uterine or bladder abnormalities on the scan. She also mentioned going to see an urologist. Where my pain is, theres no part of the colon there
Sigh.. ibs has been acting up since my last period too and I'm due soon for it again. I hope after this cycle it goes back to normal.
ARE THEY 100% SURE THERE IS NO COLON IN YOUR LOWER PELVIC CAVITY?Because most doctors can't even tell which organ are giving me pelvic pain etc...It depend who told you this!If it's the radiologist looking at your pelvic area at the same time you asked for pain location perhaps i would beleive this.Other than that if a random doctor told you "no bowel in this area" i wouldn't take it as 100% true.I HAVE BLADDER AREA PAIN FOR YEARS AND I KNOW MY SIGMOID COLON IS INVOLVED.EG;PELVIC SIGMOID CONTRACTION CAUSE GAS TO ACCUMULATE GIVING PAIN NEAR THE BLADDER.You know what,i'm gonna ask to view my echography results or to have another done.I have questions to ask the radiologist AT THE SAME TIME she do the pelvic echography.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
I know from my barium enema that the small bowel is everywhere and as well as the sigmoid colon in your pelvic area.From experience i can tell you,i'm 90% sure it's my sigmoid colon.I FEEL THE GAS TRAPPED IN THERE and i can move them by pushing toward the rectum.It's pretty time consuming for me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, my Gyn just said that GI issues are ruled out (besides my gb). She did ask the last time I had a colonoscopy, and I told her it was a year ago.. at the time I had cdiff and it just showed colitis on my t. illeium (sp). What do you do for the pain? My biggest complaint about it, is during sex or during the pelvic exam. Other than that, I dont even notice it. No pain during bm.. nothing. It gets sore during my periods but nothing too bad.Bentyl doesnt even help it.. I tried taking it about 1/2 hr before I went to bed and the pain was still there. I hate being the little puck in a shuffleboard that keeps getting shoved back and forth between docs.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just checked out the site thanks
Still looking at it with different search terms.Had a full gyn physical with swabs cultures and urine tests.. and all my hormones checked by an endocrinologist and nothing has been found. I dont think 2 small cysts could be the reason for the pain either
Starting to wonder if its all in my head :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts