Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my results from the stool culture after just a few days and it was negative for C-diff or anything. The next step suggested was the colonoscopy but honestly I am feeling a lot better this week and am hoping this will continue. I just can't believe the pencillin could do this much harm and it has been two months to get to feeling better. Still taking the acidophilus and Bentyl (does this make anyone else nervous and not able to sleep?) Anyway wish me luck that this is resolving and I really thank all of you for the information and support I have received here.Diane

·
Registered
927 Posts
I spent a lot of time on antibiotics throughout my life. I am 27 and as a baby and throughout my childhood suffered from ear infections. I basically grew up on Pennicillan, until I finally had an allergic reaction to it. Then bouts of acne had me on erythromican and a few others I can't remember. I feel your frustration. Glad to hear things are better for you this week. Hope it continues. Good Luck.Kari

·
Registered
525 Posts
What is C-diff? I have been on two antibiotics recently (Zithromax and Ceclor) and now my stools burn and irritated the rectum. Antibiotics just mess me up. Would like to understand what these drugs can do to mess up my intestines.Thanks,Tania

1 - 5 of 5 Posts