Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to see my GP with a flare up of symptoms. Typically i saw one of the newer GP's! Very reluctant to increase my dose of mirtazapine in spite of what i said about it being used to treat IBS......said it's not a first line treatment.....i said it's worked so far for me! Blank stare from him!So he started me on mebeverine and a PPI for my acid reflux. He's told me to take the mebeverine as required and in response to any bloating i experience.Is this the way it should be taken or should i take it three times per day as it says on the box?Even more typically since i saw him i'm back to normal (eg minimal symptoms and eating a normal diet)...!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Please let us know how you do on the new meds (sorry I can't answer your question though). I was also just prescribed a PPI by my GI doc, and I'm a little nervous about taking it to be honest. I think I have "side-effect-o-phobia".

·
Registered
722 Posts
When i tried mebeverine last year i was told to take one three times a day for pain.If you really are not sure about what you have been told,maybe you should go back and if possible see another doctor.As you said you are keeping well at the moment so you want to be sure how to take the antispasmodic.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I so agree with you about having 'side-effect-a-phobia',i have experienced so many awful side effects to medicines that i really do not like to take anything.I collapsed on the bathroom floor last December due to so called side effects and it frightened me so much to the extent i am frightened to take anything at all!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi.I take mebeverine, have been since November time. I take 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening. I know some people take 3 times a day. I would have thought you should have at least have been given some more definative direction on doasage but you would not be doing any halm taking one at breakfast time and one at dinner time, plus one at lunch if needed.I

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.